DIY WEDDING DECOR, MONOGRAMMED BABY SHOWER GIFTS, PERSONALIZED GOODIES BAGS, AND SO MUCH MORE!
Stamps are perfect for FURNITURE, FABRIC, WALLS & FLOORS, SUGAR ARTS, & CERAMICS
This is just the tip of the iceberg of things you can make…
See more from the sisters here:
CARING FOR YOUR STAMPS
We find that the easiest way to care for and clean stamps is to keep wet wipes nearby, and avoid letting the medium dry all the way on the stamp surface.
Then, when you have time, wash them with mild soap and warm water. For some mediums you may find that you need a stamp cleaner. Use one that is safe for clear stamps. After thoroughly cleaned, place them back on the clear backing for storage
DO NOT use your stamps in high heat applications. This means puh-lease do NOT put them in the dishwasher or leave them in a hot car otherwise they will be more like shrinky-dinks than stamps. (Yikes!)
TOP TIPS FOR STAMPING
- Hover the stamp over your project surface to line up where you want to stamp before stamping.
- Once you're ready to stamp, COMMIT and don’t shift. That means, once your stamp makes contact with the surface, keep it there otherwise you might unintentionally smudge or create a double image.
- Use one hand to hold the stamp, then use your other hand to run your fingers over all the details of the stamp - apply even pressure and ensure good contact.
- Lift the stamp straight up of the project surface when done stamping, again being careful not to shift.
- Wipe your stamp clean with wipes immediately after use to prevent the medium from drying on the stamp.
- Last, and most important: Practice makes perfect! Stamping isn’t hard, but it does take a little practice to get it just right - especially as you try new medium and different surfaces to get it just right.